Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Project Runway vs. The Fashion NO


Yesterday I caught a mini-marathon of Project Runway Season 4 - and I was struck by how incredibly good that season (and Project Runway in general) was. I watched the Levi's episode, the Wrestling Divas episode, the Metropolitan Museum of Art episode, the "Showcase Showdown" between Chris & Rami, and the Season Finale where Christian "Mango" Siriano presented the fiercest collection in the history of Project Runway.

Now THIS was a reality show cast of talented bitches who were (mostly) likable and created entertaining television...


Even the ones who annoyed me (Victorya, Ricky, Rami) were way more likeable/watchable when compared to these duds ...


Yes, I'm talking about the hapless non-seamstresses from The Fashion NO. Gross. Even Isaac Mizrahi has moved to the "Gross" category after he threw that pissyfit at the Manolo Blahnik Exec/Guest Judge last week...


BTW - go HERE for Tom & Lorenzo's hysterical take on Isaac Vs. The Shoe Queen.

I KNOW Project Runway will be different on Lifetime (and in Los Angeles). But even at it it's worst, Project Runway is good television ... not gross television.