Monday, June 8, 2009

Gayer Than A Sequined Clutch Purse At The Tony Awards


I watched the Tony Award's last night (as I do every year), but I wonder if I only tune in due a severe case of "Broadway Gay Guilt Syndrome". Let me explain...

I am gay. I live in Manhattan - mere blocks away from the Theater District. And yet I haven't seen a Broadway show in years. I know, BAD GAY! So to help ease the shame I feel in not supporting "my people", I watch the Tony's every year. I clap and cheer and pretend I'm right there in Radio City Music Hall. Hell, if I owned a tuxedo (or a Bob Mackie gown), I would wear it in my living room during the telecast.

And even though I'm a Bad Gay, one of the things I love most about the Tony Awards is just how damn GAY the show actually is. It is REALLY gay. Gayer than a Clay Aiken Christmas Special. Gayer than a fannypack on a Unicorn. Gayer than Sunday Brunch at Rip Taylor's beach home.

To prove the Tony's absolute and unquestionable gayness, I present the following photoessay entitled "I'm simply GAY for Tony" ...











And, for the GRAND FINALE, I present to you the gayest picture in the history of civilization. Only the Tony Awards could manage to create such a perfect storm of fabulous Gayness.

A warning to straight people: LOOKING AT THIS PICTURE WILL TURN YOU GAY IMMEDIATELY ...



I warned you...