Monday, June 22, 2009

Bionic Woman Turns 60 Years Old


Lindsay Wagner, who played Jaime Sommers in The Bionic Woman back in the 1970s, turns 60 years old today. All you have to do is whisper "Happy Birthday" into the wind and Miss Sommers will hear you with her Bionic Ear. Go ahead and do it now ... I'll wait ...


I was absolutely IN-friggin-SANE for The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman when I was a kid. I don't know what it was about those shows, but I loved everything about them. Remember Andre The Giant as Bigfoot?!? Bitches, that was quality 70's television !! And who can forget the dreaded "Fembots"?...


When I was looking up stuff for this post, I found out that NBC tried to revive the Bionic Woman (without Lindsay Wagner) in 2007 - but it didn't work out. I'm glad, because Lindsay IS and WILL ALWAYS BE Jaime Sommers. And, BTW, her "Sleep Number" is 35, in case you were wondering ...