Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Hot Streak Continues...


The Best Friend and I decided to do one of our semi-annual trips out to Long Island today. I know most of you live in places where "going to the mall" is a normal occurrence, but there are no malls in Manhattan - and every once in a while I get the urge to shop in the comfort of air-conditioning and visit a food court. Especially a food court that contains the roast beefy goodness that is ARBY'S! Like malls, there are no Arby's in Manhattan.

So we bought our $14 round-trip tickets, jumped on the Long Island Railroad, and got off at the Hicksville stop about 1/2-hour later. The Arby's is in Hicksville's Broadway Mall, and my Best Friend's favorite fast food - Long John Silver's - is about 2 blocks past the mall.

I was DYING for Arby's - considering I haven't had any since December. And NO, none of the Drunken Dust Bunnies brought me any delicious roast beef when they came to visit recently (that's OK, I'm not bitter). Anywhore, we decided to hit Arby's first, shop the mall, and then head to Long John Silver's.

We arrived at the mall...


We rushed past IKEA on our way to the Food Court. Actually, I rushed - the Best Friend tried to keep up...


As we went up the escalator to the Food Court, I could ALMOST TASTE those curly fries. The last time we went I took a picture of the Arby's (below), which happens to be right at the top of the escalator...


We got to the top of the escalator ... and THIS is what I saw...


ARBY'S WAS CLOSED!!!!!!! Shut down!! Outta here!! Ixsnay on the OastBeefRay!!! "Would you like Curly Fries with that?... Well TOO BAD, because WE'RE CLOSED, BITCH!!"

Here was my reaction...


Followed by...


Followed by...


I spent fourteen dollars to go out to Long Island so I could get my Arby's on ... and there was no Arby's. Just my luck.

So we went to Long John Silver's ...


My chicken planks were cold and the counterbeeyotch was evil and stupid - needless to say, I wasn't happy. The Best Friend, on the other hand, was thrilled ...


How DARE he smile like that when I'm having a crisis?!? But I must say, he loves LJS as much as I love Arby's.

So, STILL no Arby's for me ... maybe I'll get some delicious roast beef at Christmas...