Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Can Has Cheezburger: The MusicLOL


Last night I went to see I Can Has Cheezburger: The MusicLOL. It was being shown as part of the NYC Fringe Festival - a two-week celebration of the performing arts. The ticket was only $15, and I was curious to see how they would translate a website into musical theater.

I am by no means a theater critic, and I have very little experience with off-off-Broadway productions. But the show was cute and entertaining. It was very low-budget (that is pretty much the definition of off-off-Broadway), and some parts dragged a little - but I'm very happy I went.

Basically, the show followed the adorable LOLCat...


...in his quest for the elusive Cheezburger. During his journey, he meets FAIL, WIN, Wrong (as in "Ur doin it Wrong!") and others - most notably, the LOLRus (who had lost his bucket)...


Unfortunately, the show talked about "CHEEZBURGERS" for a full 78 minutes - so when I got out of that theater I was STARVING for a friggin cheeseburger. I proceeded immediately to the grocery store and got ingredients for Weight Watchers approved cheeseburgers...


And since the poor LOLCat spent the entire show trying (in vain) to get his Cheezburger, I let my darling LOLCat (Oscar) have a little of mine...



It was a lovely (and delicious) evening...