Friday, August 7, 2009

NYC Celebrity Sighting - Sean Combs


On my way home from work tonight I saw Sean "Puff Daddy P Diddy Doo Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Doo" Combs with his son. I was standing on the corner across from my apartment on 9th Avenue when I heard a loud but weirdly familiar voice. I looked over, and there was Diddy and his son Christian (age 11 - with his dad above) - talking and eating vanilla ice cream cones in a convertible (with the top down). Diddy was driving, his son was in the passenger seat, and two huge Escalades (his security team) were following him closely. I was so close I could have walked over and shook PuffDiddyDoodieDoo's hand, but I'm sure the Escalade guys would have stopped me pretty quickly.

I've seen Diddy before (at a few events YEARS ago), and I must say - he has aged well. Combs is by no means gorgeous, but he is more handsome than I remember. Besides, I am a total sucker for a man hanging out with his kids - there is just something just so adorable about that for me. And Diddy looked like he was having a great time talking to his son, eating ice cream, and driving through Hell's Kitchen.

I tried to get my cellphone out to take a picture, but I was carrying bags from the Veggie Market and JCPenneys, so I couldn't get my act together before the light turned green and Diddy drove down the avenue...