Sunday, August 9, 2009

Stiles Farmer's Market


I've blogged in the past about the fabulous veggie market in my neighborhood, mentioning it most recently in my Diddy sighting post. In my quest for healthier living (did I just write that?!?) I've been visiting the market quite a lot lately.

Stiles Farmer's Market is one-of-a-kind. Basically it's a permanent tent (yes, a tent) that was put up in a parking lot years ago - and it's been going strong ever since. There are no frills (when it rains, the floor gets wet), but the prices certainly can't be beat. Basically, they offer wholesaler prices to the public - and the people in my neighborhood can't get enough.


Case in point - yesterday I bought all of the items pictured above - 3 zucchini, 3 squash, 2 large onions, 1/2 a watermelon, a cantaloupe and 5 cucumbers ... and it cost me $9.77. Yes biatches, I live in Manhattan and got 3 bags of fruits & vegetables for less than what I would spend at McDonald's. It's actually more cost effective for me to eat HEALTHY! Go figure...

BTW, tomorrow I plan on giving ya'll a "Crazy" update and I'm actually going to Weigh In. Wait, did I just write THAT?!?...