Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Weigh-In


Ok bunnies - no Monday Weigh-In today. I ate a lot over the weekend with my family in PA - and I knew today's weight wouldn't be pretty. Unfortunately I don't see this weekend being much better, since I'll be having a "weekend with the girls" (Maddie and Ginger).

But I'm not giving up. I will walk as much as possible this week, and log my points over at WeightWatchers.Com. The never-ending urge to constantly eat has gone away, thanks to my antidepressant - so I don't think I will get too far off track.

Speaking of my anti-depressants, I would like to share an email I received recently in response to my recent trials and tribulations involving my depression and my weight. "A" sent me the following:

David,

As a follower of your blog I am always entertained and very often find myself laughing out loud at your comments.

Your recent post, Big Ball of Crazy, however was very inspiring and I want to Thank You for sharing something so personal. I know that something so personal is not an easy thing to share and it's very hard to admit to yourself as well.

I read your post and, like many others, saw so much of myself in it that it was a little frightening LOL. I too have been struggling with depression issues and have recently had a big struggle with my weight during several bouts of bronchitis.

Having retreated into my own little cave I have been wrestling with a way out and whether it was something I even wanted to break out of. Your post helped me realize that this is not something unique to us but is something felt, in varying degrees, by everyone. I determined that I don't want, or need, to continue this downward path.

You have inspired me to do what I can to break this cycle and to help myself.

I look forward to your continuing success and hope to follow in your footsteps. Keep up the good work and inspiring tales. (and the men, of course)

Peace, Bitch!!

Wow. I was absolutely blown away that someone had gotten a little inspiration from what was going on in my life - and decided to try and make things better for herself.

"A" and I have emailed back and forth a few times, and last I heard she had scheduled visits to her Doctor and to a Psychiatrist. Great job - and please keep in touch.

So, I may have gained a few pounds over the weekend, but I haven't given up. Especially since I have so many people, like "A", rooting for me. And I'm rooting for her right back.


XOXOXOXOXO