Monday, August 24, 2009

Introducing "Dusty"...


I did it ... I got myself a new kitty!!! My weekend trip to Pennsylvania was fantastic - I got to hang out with my family and see my grandparents - although I got very little rest. One of the MANY highlights was meeting the four kittens who were living in the shed in my Dad's back yard. My Dad and Stepmom have socialized (and litter-trained) them - and all four were very sweet. But when I met them I was immediately drawn to the smallest and shyest one - a female. And "Dusty" is the one I took home.

The trip back wasn't easy. I had Dusty in a cat carrier, and she only cried once or twice - but she was obviously scared. Especially when we got to noisy Penn Station in noisy NYC. We jumped in a cab - and headed to my apartment.


Oscar (the kitty I've had for 11-12 years) greeted us at the door - and he immediately hissed. He was NOT happy to meet his new sister.

Speaking of sisters - the picture below is Dusty (top) with her two brothers (black), and her sister (black and white)...


And here is when I knew that Dusty was coming back to NYC with me - when I took this picture of her in Dad's shed. How could I resist?!?...