Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thoughts on the Super Bowl...


What did my Dust Bunnies think of the Big Game? All-in-all, I thought it was an excellent and entertaining game and telecast.

  • First of all, did anyone see the pre-game cooking segment with Tom Colicchio? When I saw Andrew and Spike (below) I changed channels. For the record, Antonia and Richard were also there, but that wasn't enough to hold my interest. Anyone know who won?
  • Did anyone else notice the Toyota Tundra commercial that kept talking about "trannies"? It took me a minute to figure out they were discussing TRANSMISSIONS. I thought they had finally developed a vehicle for Drag Queens.
  • That 100-yard run that ended the first half was incredible. Kudos to Pittsburgh's James Harrison (below) for the longest run in Super Bowl history.
  • I'm not a huge Springsteen fan, but Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band should do the Super Bowl half-time show every single year. THEY are what stadium rock is all about. Fantastic.
  • Finally, one naughty treat for you horny bitches. Game-winning Pittsburgh receiver Santonio Holmes has a nekkid picture out there. Click HERE if you would like to see the (impressive) goods. NSFW, natch.