Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Weekend


This weekend was supposed to be all about me cleaning my apartment and getting stuff done. It didn't go quite as expected.

On Friday I decided to shave my head (instead of spending $16.00 at the Barber). I've never done this before, and I mistakenly used the clipper attachment which gives you the shortest cut (I should have used the next one up). Now I look like I just entered Army Basic Training Camp - but I did manage to do a better job than Britney...


On Saturday I got called into work for an "emergency" which I had to handle. Afterwards, I decided to take a trip to lovely Secaucus, New Jersey - home to the nearest Walmart. Every year my dear Dad gives me a gift card to "The Walmart," which I save until I'm really broke. Well, I'm officially broke - so I got on the bus at the Port Authority Bus Terminal for some inter-state shopping.


There are no Walmarts in the five boroughs of NYC, because of the company's anti-union policies. Every time Walmart tries to build a store in NYC, the (pro-union) city-council shoots them down. Now I am as Progressive and pro-union as anyone, but I'm also poor, and would prefer to spend $2.29 for Lean Cuisine Cheese Ravioli - as opposed to $5.00 at the Food Emporium. But we'll save that for another blog post.

I returned to the bus station in Manhattan and walked the 10 blocks to my apartment (carrying 8 Walmart bags). Then I called Kayce - and we ended up talking for two hours. After hanging up with her, my throat felt really scratchy - which I thought was just from me yelling for two hours (I speak REALLY loudly). Now I think I've actually caught my roommate's cold - and I'm feeling crappy today. And I have basically gotten NO cleaning done.


Thank God I bought underwear at Walmart - otherwise I wouldn't have any clean man-panties for work tomorrow. I guess I'll have to do my cleaning/laundry during the week.


What did YOU do this weekend?