Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Celebrity Sightings


In the past few days I have seen three "celebrities" here on the streets of NYC. And trust me, these three couldn't have been more random or unrelated.

First of all, I saw Historian Barry Lewis, who - along with David Hartman (below) - does those great "Walk" specials for PBS. They have done "A Walk Around Brooklyn", "A Walk Through Queens", "A Walk Through Harlem" and "A Walk Up Broadway". Actually, now that I think about the NYC-specificness of the series, I think this might be a local thing. Well anywhoo, Barry is a celebrity in my book.


Secondly, I saw Saturday Night Live star Kenan Thompson walking out of one of the gorgeous new condo buildings in my neighborhood (he must live there). Kenan is a big boy, but he is cute as hell up close. Plus, he knows the international Dust Bunny greeting ... Peace, bitch...



My favorite Kenan skit on SNL is "Deep House Dish" (below). Kenan plays the Host, DJ Dynasty Handbag, and cutie Andy Samberg plays his Co-host T-Shane. Bokay?!?!!


Finally, I saw Top Chef Season one winner Harold Dieterle (below) yesterday. He walked right past my restaurant - no doubt on his way to HIS restaurant, which is in the neighborhood.


Many people talk about how handsome Harold is - and I thought so too - until I saw him in person. The picture below is a much more accurate portrayal than the one above...