Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Weigh-In


Last week I promised you a Monday weigh-in, so here it is...

Exactly one week ago, I tipped the scales at a new record for me. The 25 lbs I had lost last year had been regained – plus a few.

Instead of getting discouraged (like I usually do), I actually took steps to reverse my gaining trend. I started logging my points again at Weightwatchers.com, and I walked home from work twice last week (2 ½ miles).

And on Saturday I did something that had helped me lose 90 pounds a few years ago … I danced.

Yep, you heard me right – I danced. By myself. In my apartment. Alone. I put on one of the Dance channels on AOL Radio, and boogie oogie oogied ‘til I just couldn’t boogie no more. And I forgot how much fun it was.


Bitches – I could sell tickets to that show. You should see me getting my groove on. And it is really good exercise. An hour of walking earns 3 Weight Watchers activity points (basically, 3 extra points you can use to eat later) – but an hour of dancing earns 8 points. And I really do work up a sweat.

And heaven help me if I hear one of the old songs I danced to when I first hit the clubs here in NYC. Like Murk’s “Some Lovin”…




Or The Fog’s “Been A Long Time”…



I’m wiggling here at my desk just thinking about it.

Anywhore, it wasn’t ALL sunshine and light this past week. I keep ordering Chinese delivery when I should be having Lean Cuisine. But at least I got my dumplings steamed (instead of fried) over the weekend. I obviously still have room for improvement.

But, as of today, I have lost 6 pounds from when I started this whole journey last year. Yes, I know at one point I was down 25 lbs, but at least it’s a start. And at least I'm not HEAVIER than I was when I started. I’ll check back in next week and let you know how it’s going.