Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I STILL Haven't Moved...


... but that's not a bad thing.  The past four days were spent washing clothes/linens, sorting, throwing stuff away, and organizing.  I've vowed that this time I won't just move my mess to my new apartment.  I have also decided that:

1. There is absolutely no reason for me to go to the Dollar Store 3 times a week.  You cannot imagine how much Dollar Store crap I threw away - it was ridiculous.  Possible fly in the ointment:  there is a Dollar Store literally around the corner from my new place which I'll have to pass every day.  Yikes.

2. I do not need to buy socks, underwear, or t-shirts EVER AGAIN.  Seriously - I have enough Hanes products to last me well into my golden years.

So I will finish up packing this week and try to get everything moved to the new place in the next few days.  My major problem is transportation - because of my credit situation I can't just rent a van, I have to find some kind of mover.  And that isn't necessarily cheap.


BTW - yesterday's Hoarders marathon on A&E was an extremely effective tool in motivating me to throw stuff away.