Tuesday, June 29, 2010

80's Flashback - General Hospitale


NOTE:  I posted this video back in January, but I thought it would be appropriate to re-post today (with additional commentary).

For those of you who didn't watch "GH" (as we called it back then), this video will make absolutely no sense to you.  But if you happened to be a General Hospital fan back in the 80's, it will bring back lots of memories.

Side Note:  When I was a kid I had a paper route which required me to deliver newspapers after school (anyone remember EVENING newspapers?!?? - DAMN I'm old...).  But I was such a huge General Hospital fan that I would come home and watch GH first - and THEN deliver the newspapers.  This displeased many of the people on my route - especially the elderly - because they wanted their paper NOW (so they could read the Obituaries - seriously).  However, when one hires a gay Paperboy, one must realize that our priorities (watch fave soap opera, fix hair, deliver newspapers - in that order) are somewhat different than our straight counterparts (deliver newspapers, think about girls, play sports - in that order).


BTW - Since there is just an ever-so-slight possibility I may write some snarky things about my hospital visit, I've decided not to actually name the facility where I was treated.  From now on it will be referred to as "General Hospitale".