Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Recapping Dilemma


With Make Me A Supermodel still on, and The Fashion Show premiering tomorrow, I'm having a bit of a dilemma.

Since I cannot afford a DVR (hell, I don't know how much longer I'll have CABLE), I must stay home on Wednesday and Thursday nights to watch MMASM and TFS. I have to see each show twice in order to take accurate notes - so that's two hours of television viewing for each show (keeping me up until midnight or later). Then it takes me anywhere from 3 to 5 hours to actually write each recap ... yeah, I know sometimes it doesn't show. In addition, I spend 1 to 2 hours each night preparing and posting my NORMAL posts for the next day. That's a lot of time sitting in front of the TV and/or computer and not having a life. It's like having another job and getting paid zero dollars an hour for my efforts. Even though it's a "job" I absolutely love.

I made a promise to myself after recapping both Project Runway and Shear Genius simultaneously that I would NEVER do it again - and I need to stick to my guns.

So, which one do you think I should recap? Should I continue with Supermodel and then go over to The Fashion Show when it finishes in a few weeks? Should I give up on MMASM all together? What if I despise TFS after the first episode? And doesn't that Top Chef Super Duper All Star Edition start soon also?

Keep in mind that I will STILL miss some episodes of whatever I chose - it happens - but I'd like to hear what you think.