Tuesday, November 10, 2009

People Of Public Transit


Last month I did a POST about the hysterical and entertaining People of Walmart website - which features pictures of jacked-up people shopping at Walmart. It is brilliant in its simplicity.

People of Walmart now has a sister site - People of Public Transit. It features, as you can imagine, pictures of jacked-up people using public transportation - and it's equally as entertaining. Check it out HERE.


I am SO lucky there were no cell phone cameras in the early 90's when I moved to NYC. The first place I lived was in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn - which was just a short trip from Manhattan on the F train. Let's just say many times I found myself in a "less than photogenic" condition on the subway - especially after the clubs closed at 4:00 AM.

In fact, every once in awhile I got a little passed out SLEEPY and missed my stop on the way home - ultimately finding myself at the END of the F line - Coney Island. One time I came out of my drunken stupor awoke and discovered I wasn't the only one "napping" for an hour on the train. There was another youngish-looking dude passed out - but he was on the nasty, dirty FLOOR of our subway car. At least I was on a seat ...


I courteously gave Mr. Dirty Floor Drunk a gentle nudge with my foot on my way out the door and across the platform for the long trip back to Carroll Gardens...

Check out People of Public Transit.