Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Have a New Favorite On Design Star...


With Mikey V. gone (and apparently suspended from his police job), I now have a new favorite designtestant - Matt Locke. Check out his amazing website here.

Yes, I know I've called him "Robot Happy Guy", "boring", and said he had "man boobs". But guess what? - my snarky heart melted when Matt HIMSELF sent me an email:

Hi David,

Just wanted to write a quick note and tell you I think your blog is hilarious! You're not my biggest fan, but I still love your recaps (and your Shear Genius posts even more). Wanna do an interview sometime? Might be fun.

Cheers,

Matt Locke


Ok, seriously ya'll, that was adorable. HE LIKES MY TOP HAIRCUT RECAPS!! After a brief email exchange, we decided to do a short interview next week when he returns from a trip home to Colorado. Any questions you'd like me to ask? BE NICE!

Oh, and I apologized to Matt for saying he had "moobs". I told him that it must have been his shirt. I also informed him that many of my Dust Bunnies would prefer for Matt to do the entire show shirtless (you know who you are - MikeInBama, etc.).

Don't forget to watch Design Star on HGTV tonight at 9:00 EST.