Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First Arby's, and NOW THIS?


Manhattan has exactly ONE mall - the aptly named Manhattan Mall - and it sucks ass. I know, New Yorkers aren't supposed to like, or even care about malls, but I do. Sue me.

It didn't always suck ass. You see, just a few short months ago, this mall was the location of Manhattan's only Arby's (in the food court) - but JC Penny took over the space for a store they don't plan on opening until the summer of 2009 (see my Arby's posts here and here).

The only other good thing the mall has to offer is the Steve & Barry's clothing store. Project Runway fans will remember Steve & Barry's because it's where Sarah Jessica Parker has her clothing line - "Bitten". I like S & B's because it has cheap jeans, sneakers (I'm wearing my Starbury's right now), and the occasion "Big Boy Size" shirts and jackets (which I greatly appreciate).


Well, Steve & Barry's filed for bankruptcy protection today, and will probably close if they don't find a buyer soon (see story here). I am SO going there tonight to stock up on $14.95 sneakers...