Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Last Meal In Pennsylvania...


The Hamilton is an institution in my hometown of Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It has been around forever - in fact, my Dad used to come here for lunch when he went to Carlisle High School. Many, many years later - The Hamilton is still going strong. Mama Bunny and I stopped here for lunch before she took me to the train station yesterday.

The Hamilton's most popular and famous dish isn't on the menu - it's called a Hotchie Dog. It is a grilled hot dog with tons of onions, mustard, a slice of American cheese, and a special chili sauce. OMG - they are delish. I got two (no mustard) and ate 1/3rd of one before I remembered to take the picture. I also got French fries with gravy (my Dad's fave), since they were out of onion rings.


As we say in Central Pennsylvania - NOW THAT'S SOME GOOD EATIN'! OK - now it's back to Weight Watchers...