Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mario Lopez's Knockout Fitness


DavidDust favorite Mario Lopez will be in the NYC area next week promoting his new fitness book – Mario Lopez’s Knockout Fitness. He will be signing copies at Bookends in Ridgewood, NJ on May 13th (7:00pm) – and in Manhattan on May 14th at Barnes & Noble (5th Avenue between 45th and 46th Streets) at 1 pm.

I would LOVE to try and sneak up to Barnes and Noble next Wednesday to see Mario – but unfortunately with the J-O-B, it probably won’t be possible.

I have to give you a little background on how I came upon this information. A couple of weeks ago I did a post on Mario’s Broadway debut in A Chorus Line. Almost immediately after I posted, Blanca Oliviery - Senior Publicist at Rodale Trade Books - sent me an email with the information on his book signing. Her “Google Alerts” must be FIERCE! I promised Blanca to let my Dust Bunnies know about the book signing a little closer to the date.

Ms. Oliviery has been a TOTAL sweetheart. I asked her if she could send us a “sneak peek” beefcake photo from the book, and did she EVER deliver (gorgeous photography by Joan Allen):



OMG! I must thank Blanca AGAIN for helping out a little old blogger like me. And if I ever publish a book, I know exactly who to hire to be my publicist.

One last thing: poor Blanca has to TRAVEL with Mario for his book tour – and pretty much be attached to him at the hip at all times. That poor girl!! How does she stand it?!? I informed her if she needs some extra help, I am SO available.

To order the book (from barnesandnoble.com), click here.

Thanks again to Blanca for being such a sweetie – and to Mario for being such a hottie!!!