Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Real Live WHORES!!!!!


After finishing up at my part-time job last night around midnight, I walked to the corner of 64th Street and Park Avenue to catch a cab (about ½ block away). This is one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the nation – I know of at least one BILLIONAIRE who lives a block away. It’s also pretty deserted at midnight – no delis, no restaurants, and no newsstands – just big apartment buildings and the doormen who guard them.

Recently I have been discussing how much New York has changed over the past 15 years with fellow blogger (and former New Yorker) Charlie. It used to be a common occurrence in certain parts of Manhattan (Times Square, far West Chelsea, Lexington Ave. in the 30’s) to see “Working Girls” trying to pick up tricks. But not anymore.

Manhattan has become so upscale, and has become so focused on “quality of life” issues that you very, very rarely see a real live Hooker anymore. And when you DO, she sticks out like a sore … thumb.

But Hookers, by nature, are resourceful. Obviously, the majority of Manhattan prostitution is arranged via the internet and/or telephone. But there are Ho’s out there who know if you tempt a man – he just might take the bait. So what some of these ladies do is travel around in SUV’s and proposition men on the streets. Once they pick up a John, they take him to a parking lot or garage that they have an “arrangement” with – and take care of business. I had read about this before, but never seen it in action.

So last night as I was attempting to hail a cab, I saw a white Land Rover flashing its high beams in my direction – just like a cab driver would to signal that he was on his way to pick me up. The Land Rover pulls up in front of me and inside are obviously two Hookers – one asking me in a breathy voice – “you wanna ride?”…


I almost laughed in that Ho’s face! Talk about “barking up the wrong tree”! I know it’s been A LONG TIME since I got any, but I’m not THAT desperate … yet. Maybe I should have gotten a phone number – just in case...?


At pretty much the same time a cab pulled up behind them, and I jumped inside. The Land Rover made a right at the next corner – directly toward that Billionaire’s townhouse. Thanks but no thanks, ladies.