Tuesday, November 1, 2011

News: "Glee" Star's Father Stabbed To Death



Charice from the hit TV show "Glee"'s father was stabbed to death in her hometown in the Philippines, leading the teen star Tuesday to pull out of a concert in Singapore.

The singer apologized to her fans for having to skip the show scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday so she could travel home to the Philippines.

"I am not going to be there to be part of David Foster and Friends concert," she said in a post Tuesday on Twitter. "I have to go back to the Philippines as soon as possible to be with my family."

Charice had long been estranged from her father. Local media reported that Charice's mother left him when Charice and her younger brother were small children.

In another Twitter post Tuesday, Charice said she once had a "really great relationship" with her father before their family troubles began.

"I loved him and I will still love him," she wrote. "He's still my Dad after all."

She also appeared on the "Oprah Winfrey Show" and has had a recurring role on "Glee" as the character Sunshine Corazon.