Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Music Album: Waka Flocka "Triple F Life"



Since the success of his "Flockavelli" album Gucci Mane's protégé has been busy assembling his sophomore album, "Triple F Life," and calling the shots for his imprint, Brick Squad Monopoly.

Flocka's inspiration for his upcoming album are his most loyal supporters: "friends, fans and family." "You see how evil people act for money so I'm doing this for friends, fans, and family," he said.

"It felt like a rushed project. I'm going to do it first quarter because I need to put my all into it," Waka Flocka continued on his recently pushed back album, "Triple F Life." "I felt like I was trying to please the label and not the people that really listen to the music."

Differing from "Flockavelli," which Waka says "was to put my artists on," Waka enlists A-list collaborators on his sophomore effort. The album's lead single, "Round Of Applause," a track "hidden in the dungeon" since the "Flockavelli" sessions, was given new life when Drake jumped on it. "I said, 'Who do I need on the song to get some ladies into it?' Let me call Drake! I met him through the engineer, we put that track together, and that was it."

Flocka also hinted at another breakthrough guest spot on his upcoming album: DMX. "I'm trying to put a song together with DMX; he needs to get back on the scene!"

Aside from "Triple F Life," Flocka is releasing a collaborative album with French Montana, titled "Lock Out."

Waka Flocka offered a bold prediction for the new year. "I'm gonna be the No. 1 artist of the year. That's not a prediction, that's a fact!" he proclaimed. What do you think?