Saturday, November 26, 2011

News: T.I Responds To 50 Cent



T.I. covers the December issue of Vibe, and the recently sprung rapper has a lot to get off his chest. In the interview, Tip lets loose on everything from political conspiracies, the sense of humor in the gay community and, most personally, defending his wife Tiny Cottle over her involvement in his 2010 arrest on possessions charges.

On his political views:

Man, I’m a conspiracy theorist by nature. You can’t experience the federal penal system and not be somewhat skeptical.

On gay rights:

They’re like,‘If you have an opinion against us, we’re gonna shut you down.’ ... That’s not American. If you’re gay you should have the right to be gay in peace, and if you’re against it you should have the right to be against it in peace.

On criticism against Tiny for not taking the heat on the drug charge:

I’ma tell you, 50 Cent and anybody else, we not gonn’a  have no discussion about what my ole lady should’a, would’a, couda done for anything as it pertains to me. We ain’t gonn’a do that. I’m the only one in my family that’s gonna take a lick when it pertains to the legal system. Since me, none of my other family members have seen a jail cell. Nobody. I’m the last one. The buck stops here. I feel that a person that stands behind [his woman for a criminal charge] is a coward anyway.


For more, check out Vibe.com.