Saturday, November 19, 2011

News: Mary J. Blige And Beyonce Do A Duet



The two divas lay out a tutorial on how to "Love a Woman," from MJB's upcoming "My Life II ... The Journey Continues, Act I". But fans may be surprised to learn that the long-overdue collaboration was nearly a one-woman affair.

Beyonce initially recorded the song for her "4" LP, but since the album didn't sell and they wouldn't be able to make into a single she thought it would be a better fit as a duet with Mary and put it on Mary's album.

While both the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul and an expecting Queen B display good chemistry on the song, a video for the track may be hard to pull off. "I'm sure 'Love a Woman' would be a single but I can't really trouble Beyoncé right now; she's pregnant and I'm sure she's doing her stuff," Mary said. "So whenever she's ready, if she's ever ready, I'm ready and it'll be great."