Monday, November 14, 2011

News: Frank Ocean Says No To Kanye West


"The record is written, we're just trying to tie up all the production. Get everything sonically pleasing to me," Frank Ocean told BBC's Zane Lowe of his album. "When I started writing this record that was one of the things I said. I wanted to be able to perform well"

While he appreciates his moments with Kanye West and Jay-Z, saying working on "Watch the Throne" was "one of the shining moments" in his career, don't expect to hear Kanye on Frank Ocean's upcoming album. "I said, 'As much as I want to work with you... I kind of want to do this without you. I kind of want this to be done without you. I kind of want to do it on my own.'"

"I wanted it to be an expansion, sonically I wanted to be the next, whatever the next tier for me is, be that," Frank explained of approach to the album. "Just open up, challenging song structures, challenging a lot of the things I made on the last project."