Wednesday, January 25, 2012

French Montana On Why He Rejected Kanye West



French Montana is proud to call himself a Bad Boy, but he was this close to signing with another powerhouse label. 

He revealed that he almost inked with Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music roster. “I met up with him one time and then I met up with him again,” French said of Kanye. “There were things that I was used to ’cause I was already moving. I’m like a money train.”

One thing that French certainly wasn't "used to" was the fact that Yeezy is infamously hard to get in touch with. “Kanye doesn’t have a phone. If you need to get in contact with Kanye, you have to email him,” Montana explained. “You can’t tell me how to do that. I don’t know how to use an email, so I guess me and you is never gonna talk, and I’ma put my career in your hands?”

No word yet if French has since taken some computer classes, but he did say that he doesn't hold any grudges toward Mr. West. “He’s definitely talented, and I felt like if I went there, we would have definitely made history.”

Instead of joining John Legend, Big Sean, Pusha T and others on Kanye's team, French signed with Diddy's Bad Boy, and he's tapped Rick Ross as a mentor as well. "When I met up with Puff, everything he promised me came through," French said. "And Rozay was definitely there for me too.”

French Montana is currently busy readying his major label debut, which will be executive produced by Diddy and Rawse, but you can check him out now on his hit single "Shot Caller" and Rick Ross and Drake's "Stay Schemin'."