Wednesday, September 21, 2011

News: Laura Govan Goes In On Draya




Laura Govan did an interview with a DC radio show speaking on being back with baby daddy Gilbert Arenas and also did not hesitate to hold her tongue about Basketball Wives L.A. cast mate Draya.

In her own words:

"I think Draya is a good person but Draya is a hustler. At the end of the day, I would classify her to be a groupie or a gold digger. She is what she is and she stays in her lane and I can’t knock her hustle and I don’t.

At the end of the day, we really don’t co-exist like I’m on the floor, you’re in the nose bleeds and I keep it moving. She’ll never have a house and I hope you do have a house one day but today ain’t gonna be the day or even messing with my man or anybody else’s man. Draya walks a fine line but she owns her lane and you have to respect that but at the end of the day, groupies and gold diggers don’t co-exist.

I don’t speak like she speaks, I don’t do what she does and she fits in that category so she stays there. I do feel like somebody is gonna save her. I mean after awhile, she’s always in the mix …I mean she’s dated a lot of athletes. She really has no ties or connections to this show. It is what it is but like I said, I’m not hating on her.

I’ve always been the type I never blame the woman, I used to and then I realized wait a minute, if you didn’t pull your pants down this broad wouldn’t even have nothing to say. I always blame the guy

I don’t look at the woman anymore and be like “Oh, you raunchy hoe!” For what? She’s just doing her job! She’s just staying in her lane trying to get that cheese when she’s hooked up with him or just trying to get her purse when she rocks with him so it is what it is"

So how did Laura start dating athletes? Makes you wonder what makes her better than Draya?

She goes on to talk about her small two bedroom apartment

"Let me tell you something don’t get it twisted. We were in a place just for a short period of time. “Oh my God, this is where she lives at?” Don’t get it twisted, come on y’all. I ain’t saying I’m a gold digger but I ain’t messing with no broke nigga. We are back together, We got black, ghetto, it’s crazy, dangerous in love… He asked me for some more kids and I was like “Listen, let’s take a break. We’ll go away a good five years and then we’ll get it back. We have four and the oldest is five… Although I met him almost ten years ago, I knew ten years ago he would be an amazing father. So that I pride myself on having a man who is an amazing dad."

No comment, lol then she switched gears up and talked about Shaq.

"I love Shaquille dearly, and he is a dear friend of mine. Did I ever hook up with him? Absolutely not, he’s not my type. If you ever went down a list of dudes I dated he ain’t one of them trust me and I know what he’s about but he is a good person. Let’s talk about something else"

So the list of dudes or athletes? Sounds a little like Draya huh ?

Heres Laura's thoughts about being labeled a gold digger.

"I feel like people need to understand that I paid my dues. I’ve been with this dude before he even had any money. I remember there was a time we were both out eating cheeseburgers and I had to pay. So don’t get it twisted that lasted for a long time and I loved him then and I love him now but I’m not going to defend that. Even if I was with another type of athlete or whatever the case may be, I’m always going to be classified as a gold digger but who has four kids with somebody, been with them ten years. it is what it is and speaks for its self. I don’t have to justify who I am or what I am. That’s really ignorant to say. I would never look at another woman and be like “You’re a groupie! You got four kids with somebody in ten years. Oh yeah, you’re a gold digger!” Shut up."

So what's your take on this?