Friday, September 9, 2011

Be Inspired By: Daron Jones



On The 6th Proudly Presents Daron Jones, this iconic R&B singer formally from the multi platinum R&B group of 112 has taken the leap into a solo artist. Take a minute and get to know Daron.

In his own words:

I started in the business professionally when I was 17. My first project was a song on the "Money train" soundtrack with 112 titled "Making Love". I was extremely young when I fell in love with music and realized it was what I wanted to do.

My grandmother told me that when I was 3 years old, all of her other grandchildren were outside playing while I was in the house playing on the piano. I have many proud moments but one of my proudest moments was when I produced and wrote "I Should Have Cheated" for Keyshia Cole and it was a hit single for her and helped to drive her album to platinum. This moment was really significant for me because it came at a time when many people were doubting my ability to make hit records.

I would first describe myself as God fearing humble, hardworking kind and generous. I have a tendency to be forgetful, I would like to change that.

One thing that I haven't done that I would love to do is perform on the MTV Music Awards. That would truly rock for me. I don't have any regrets at all. I feel like what you do is what you want at the time so go for it.

The best advice I was given is to trust God and have faith in him. I would give that same advice because sometimes you have to believe in something that you can't see yet even though it may seem far away or unrealistic to some.

For example, and I tell this story a lot. The song "I Should Have Cheated" was originally for the artist Nivea. I really believed that the song deserved to be a single because I felt in my heart it was a hit record. They didn't agree so I kept the record. My manager at the time told me to just get the placement and take the money. I said no because I believed in the record and I knew deep down it was a smash. I passed up the money believing in what couldn't be seen at the time. A few years later, Keyshia Cole showed up and needed a hit record. Her team and Interscope records made the song a single and the rest is history.



Sometimes you have to believe in yourself even when you are surrounded by doubt. Back in the day if I would have been caught in a scandal, it would probably be alcohol or sex related.  Now a days I have changed and God is in charge so I have a lot more self control. I think conservative is sexy. Less is more. My soul mate has to first know God and second, have a kind heart. I could go on for days but I won't.

Thank you for this opportunity and God Bless!!