Friday, September 2, 2011

Be Inspired By: Brooke Bailey


On The 6th proudly presents Brooke Bailey.

How often do you find a woman who's as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside? How often do you find a woman, who's talented, intelligent and has business savvy to maintain longevity in the entertainment field? Brooke Bailey has broken down barriers and kept it classy and can be looked up too for others who are trying to do what she's doing and all that she has done.

Take a minute and get to know the real Brooke:

In her own words:

I started out as an urban model being featured in national publications. Shortly after I was featured in multiple music videos. After that I was a "Wild n Out" girl on MTV w/ Nick Cannon, Dj Brooke on BET w/ John Salley & Claudia Jordon and then I did a reality show called "Candy Girls" on E! TV. I also have an online radio show called The Candy Shop on blog talk radio that will be back up & running shortly!

I'm originally from South Central Los Angeles

Since being on reality TV life has been great. It has it's perks and I've been pretty grounded. I focus on what I expect from myself and not what others expect from me.

I have a couple of projects that I'm working on. Nothing is complete so I'll fill you in later.

My proudest moments are the ones that I've experienced with my family. Those moments are irreplaceable & private. I don't share to much of my personal life with the public.

A goal I plan on accomplishing is finishing college.


I don't have any regrets. Anything that was deemed a mistake has made me who I am today. I'm very outgoing, a people person and I definitely know how to move in a crowded room. There isn't anything I would change about myself. I love me and my life.

This business is a hustle. So you literally have to go hard or go home. The advice that I have for up and coming urban models is to focus on what you want to do outside of this because it's 2011 and the business has definitely changed. Think bigger and find the next avenue.

If I were ever to be caught in a scandal what would it be and why? Well I'm not the scandalous type. Like I said I try and keep my personal business private. If I had to pick one it'll probably some nude photos. Who would really care though? I'm almost nude in all the publications I'm featured in *laughing*

My definition of sexy is confidence in a man or a woman. That says a lot about the person as a whole.

For more on Brooke, Follow her on Twitter at @Iheartbrooke