Thursday, September 1, 2011

Artist On The Rise: Christopher Doctor "DonDada"



On The 6th presents Christopher Doctor AKA DonDada, an Artist On The Rise that you might want to pay attention to. Take a minute and get to know Mr. DonDada himself.

In his own words:

I'm a 23 year old singer/songwriter born and raised in SC recently signed a deal with Dollazunlimited management & working on my debut album ''Me Against Luv''

 My first industry opportunity was writing for then universal recording artist Tyra b. which then lead to me writing for Usher's former group One Chance, both projects were shelved. So nothing materialized until now I've been working with Olivia , Ryan Leslie , Blac Elvis ,  Big bert all courtesy of my manager.

The very 1st time my song was on the radio and my Mom cried it made me feel really accomplished  to have made her that proud. I'm definitely a momma's boy I do this for her! and also a highlight was being able to talk and sing with Brandy she is my all time favorite artist  we clicked when we met and she gave me her number but I'm too afraid to call LOL like when is a right time to call Brandy?!


One of my goals is to have a #1 song on Billboard, whether I wrote it for another artist or be it my own single I just need my name attached to a #1 record

A regret I do have is if I would have been more confident in my talents earlier on, I would have been further along in my career. Now I've been doing shows and traveling and I'm really enjoying this time in my life.
 

I wish I wasn't so passionate about everything. I can't hide my emotions when I'm mad, happy or sad it's all on my sleeve. I don't have a poker face.

The best advice I have ever gotten came from my manager Rich Dollaz he taught me a very valuable lesson on loyalty you could lose everything if you try to be neutral and I would tell people to never cheat your craft and to network!


I'm working on my album, It's young, fresh and upbeat!!! I titled it ''Me Against Luv'' because I'm not in love never been in love. It's one of those albums you just pop it in and have fun not taking life too seriously just living. I know somebody can relate LOL stand out tracks are ''Zipper'', ''Come Closer'',''Pretty Girlz Only'' and of course the single ''Designated Driver''
 

My definition of sexy is Aaliyah she was the epitome of a sexy woman :) RIP to her. My soul mate has got to know how to carry herself in public no Basketball wife antics!

Thanks again,

Follow him on twitter @D0ndiddy and keep up with all his updates via @Dollazunlimited
 

Check out his hit single "Designated Driver" www.youtube.com/sixmanmusic