Monday, August 1, 2011

News: Chris Brown Releasing HipHop MixTape



Chris Brown is ready to release his first hip hop mixtape called "Boy in Detention" The R&B singer turned rapper made the announcement, along with a disclaimer, via Twitter today.

"New hip hop mixtape called 'Boy in Dentention' coming soon!'… I'm a singer so if this mixtape doesn't reach you quota for hip hop! Simply don't listen," he tweeted.

The platinum-selling R&B star gave a shout out to the illustrator behind the cover art in a tweet, "MIXTAPE COVER ART done by wonderful @minakwon."

He also let fans know that the tape was a warm up for his upcoming fifth album "Fortune".

“I love my fans so much!!!! I'm excited for the mixtape and this killer album! I promise "Fortune" is better than "FAME"!”

Boy in Detention is set for release August