Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Artist On The Rise: Nova



On The 6th Presents Nova, an artist on the rise.

Take a minute and get to know him, In his own words:

My name is Christian. I'm  an artist that goes by "Nova". On stage I turn into "SupaNovaLove" because I'm in full form. I love being on stage. I'm 22 years old from Michigan, born in Detroit. My influences are Drake, The Dream, Ryan Leslie, and Pharrell just to name a few.

I started writing my own music when I was 14. Because of the "blackout" that hit so many states in  2004, we didn't have power for like a week. Some neighborhood friends and I did our own version of "Making the band" we all looked up to my next door neighbors brother. He had everything I wanted. So, we just did what he said. He made the beats. An I made it in "our band" which was like me an 2 others.

I've always been good at rapping other artist lyrics. In the 6th grade I was to get a girlfriend because I could rap to Bow wow's lyrics.

 My first project was a mixtape I did in 2008 with a whole bunch of other artists I was rapping with.
It was called "The New Beginning" I had a few feats on it. I was syked, i'm still friends with all them from highschool. I also look to them for inspiration at times.

I really love to perform. It feels like "music" is all I have sometimes.  Sometimes I'm not sure if I want to do this my whole life. My emotions change alot, but I continue to make music and perform. My heart won't allow me to stop, I won't allow me to stop.

My proudest moment is when I made my first mixtape "21Love" the summer of 2010.  I have yet to perform in front of thousands of people, which I plan to. I would also like to go on tour. I don't even have to get a "record deal" just yet, but just to see the world.

I kinda regret not taking my music serious at a younger age. But, at the same time I needed to live my life!
Over all  I'm a nice guy. I love big pretty lights on big stages. I'm not to infatuated with money. Because I never had alot of money. What i don't like about myself is that I'm afraid to die. I believe in Jesus, but there is something about the feeling of almost dying that scares me.

I'm trying to figure out what type of music I want to make. At the moment I just dropped an EP with another Artist (Jynkz) tilted "Diamondz In Tokyo" on the 26th of July. I am going to shoot a couple videos for that project. And also do some shows.