Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Artist On The Rise: Flygo


On The 6th Presents Artist On The Rise: Flygo, an upcoming  rapper, singer making noise in the industry. Take a minute and get to know him.

In his own words:

Well for those that don't know, I'm Flygo. I'm a hip hop/ pop/ r&b artist under the KOATKREATIVE label. I've been underground in the industry since 2009 when i dropped my first mixtape "Up In Smoke Vol 1" on datpiff.com. Which is also where you cant find all my mixtapes currently as we speak.

I've been writing music since the age of 16 but got my head on straight and serious at the age of 19. All i am is a kid from Kentucky with dreams of making it big and staying there like no one has yet to do where I'm from. I want to be one of the best and just provide the world with good music to feel and listen to. I also want to keep a smile on the ladies faces while I'm at it.

I got started in the business in 2008, though i had recorded songs before getting into the business side of the things. My actual real first project that i recorded didn't even have a name lol. Just like 13 songs i recorded in this other local artist room on his computer mic, cant even remember his name either.

The proudest moment Ive had so far, man lol there is a few small accomplishments I've been surprised by. The one that stands out the most was at the Tyga concert in Lexington, KY back in February of 2011. My fellow artist and I on KOATKREATIVE GfoZhey opened for Tyga and had a little section of fans from Indiana who drove down to see us perform. During the performance they sung along to the words off of my current project at the time which was "For My Ladies", and "The SexTape". It made me feel like OK, i know I'm on the right track now.







I've pretty much accomplished a lot of small goals i set being I'm from Kentucky where there is no musical market at all. But I'd say the only goal i haven't accomplished yet is have more hatters than i have fans lol. I also want to have the number 1 song in the world.

I'd have to say I have no regrets. If i would have had the resources and knowledge i have today when i started i probably would have moved to another state and tried to pursue my dreams.

I love my personality. I'm a real laid back dude, chill, cool, easy to get along with. I always look at the good things in life rather than the bad. If i know I'm in a bad situation or have to do something i really don't want to do i try to make the best of it and smile as much as possible. Life's to short to be frowning.

The best advice i could give anyone is make sure this is really what you want to do before you do it. Research the pros and cons of the dream you are trying to pursue. This industry is not for the weak. Its a shady, grimy, and dirty game that will eat you up and spit you out before you can even get your foot in the door. Just because you can rap, doesn't mean this is what you are suppose to be doing.

I'm currently working on the labels first official original project which is "Best Not Talked About". Its the first project that is all original material from myself and GfoZhey with production from myself and up and coming Kentucky producer "Beam". It features a solo song from myself and Gfo as well as collaborations with one another and possibly other artists once its all finished up.

My definition of sexy, is just confidence really. I mean being sexy really isn't all about appearance. Its also how one carries themselves and the confidence they have in themselves in what they do. Attitude, ambition, passion, a lot of things play into being sexy. My soul mate has to be a woman first off lol she doesn't have to be the most beautiful woman in the world but cute indeed. Great personality, nice body, well at least nice enough to keep me excited. She has to have a good heart, be able to cook some good fried chicken and a good steak, knows how to please her man in more ways than one, trust worthy, great with kids, good attitude, independent, some kind of style but if not we can work on that, down to earth, loving, and loves to have a good time and laugh and live life with no regrets and boundaries. And last but not least must have and i mean must have, some pretty little feet.

For more Flygo check out: