Sunday, January 1, 2012

Exclusive Interview With Model/ Designer/Stylist Jason Christopher Peters




On The 6th presents to you a fashion designer/ model and stylist a triple threat in the business Mr. Jason Christopher Peters. Take a minute and get to know this rising star.

In his own words:

My name is Jason Christopher Peters and I am a fashion designer, model and stylist. I have been modeling and designing steadily for about 10 years now. My career took to great heights when I was on the reality show "Stylista" which was produced by Tyra Banks in 2009.

I was discovered as a model from a talent search in my hometown of Chico, California and at this time I also began to design. You could say that they both fell hand in hand with one another. I was an extremely curious and very ambitious teenager so when I was discovered to model and design, it was honestly something I never imagined I would be doing coming from a town which is exceedingly country and overwhelmingly sophisticated. My first job as a model was for Pepe Jeans London and Teen People Magazine as a runway model.

Honestly, I never knew it was destined for me to be a fashion designer as well as model. I always dreamt of growing up and becoming a wealthy and powerful lawyer, having my BMW and living in a high rise condo in the beautiful Los Angeles. I guess you could say that  sometimes the paths we predict for ourselves are not the paths that God wants us to enter into. I got asked to do a fashion show at Chico State University for a talent show, over 1,000 people attended and within a year I was receiving letters from Vogue, GQ, Marie Claire, Elle Magazines amongst others and was in Teen People Magazine.



My brand is Designed using premiere and high quality fabrics, gems and crystals the brand offers edginess, excitement and something special for each of its customers. From unique couture pieces to his signature one of a kind and eclectic eye patch designs, elegant dresses, accessories as well as futuristic backpack collections, the brand offers something for everyone! The purpose of my brand is to inspire and help build ones self esteem by wearing any piece from it.

A misconception people have of me is I'd say that it is that I am conceited or stuck up, that is something that I am so far from. Even though I have been in the public eye and this industry the past 10 years, I still get shy at red carpet events, shows, when photos take my photos etc, I guess I am just really humble so I get shy. I always have to pinch myself and realize that I am Jason Christopher Peters and the life I live is crazy and not normal.

I love making others smile and making a positive impact and influence on those around you as well as the world; shining light to situations or topics that the world may seem as taboo and helping others realize that we are all equal and that true equality exists through our success.

There have been so many  proud moments of my career, but the one that warms my heart the most is one that I will never forget! I was modeling in one of the biggest shows of my career and as I walked onto the runway into a sea of about 100 photographers and thousands of flashes, My grandparents (adoptive parents John and Dolores Peters) were sitting front row, and out of the corner of my eye, they both had HUGE smiles on their faces and were cheering me on. To know that I  made them so happy is what makes me proud.

There are so many different ways that I want to leave my mark on not only the world of fashion, modeling and entertainment but the world. God has been so gracious to bless me with a long lasting career in this industry that continues to blossom every day and I am very thankful. My heart is so big and I am truly blessed. I want to go around the world and help those who are poor, blind, disabled, homeless and anyone who is going through some sort of adversity because society may have made them afraid to be who they truly are. I want to be an icon in this world and inspire everyone to know that they can achieve any and everything. Are a Jason Christopher Peters foundation, school, hotel chain and restaurant in the works?, you'll have to wait and see.With God on your side and believing, anything is possible!  I want to write a tell all book of my life as well as movie and maybe even have my own reality show.




I have no regrets in life, every single situation that has taken place in my life has made me the strong, confident successful man you see before you today.

I like to have fun! lol I'm a pretty easy going person, but don't let this cute face fool ya, If things get out of control I will easily go Donald Trump or Naomi Campbell on someones ass quick lol. I take my career very seriously. I love life and I have an outgoing personality and ya'll may think that I am too serious, but in reality I'm a big kid at heart watching cartoons, eating my Honey Nut Cheerios wearing a black snuggie with my fitted hat on and Jeremy Scott sneakers :)

I think that the best advice that anyone could ever give me has come from two different individuals. A fashion editor of GQ Magazine told me to always be ten steps ahead of everyone else, and that it is refreshing to see that someone myself wants something so badly enough that they are willing to work hard for it. Jane Fonda once told me that "when you accept the fact that death and hard times exists you appreciate the true beauty of life" She told me that when I had lost my grandmother (adoptive mother). My advice to anyone is to never give up on your dreams EVER!! Even if someone tells you no a billion times, you will hear a yes :)

Currently I am working on a fashion tour which will hit Miami, Baton Rouge, Manhattan, Atlanta, Houston, and Philly for the first part of the tour! I am really excited about that. I am also working on the new collections and accessory line as well as designing pieces for a friend of mine who is nominated for a People's Choice Award, a reality star's wedding dress, just worked with recording artist Mike Lyrik for his music video "We Can" which drops January 3rd, and my designs will appear on tv shows around the world; you may see my face on the big screen soon as well. There are numerous other projects launching this year but I love the element of surprise!

My designs have been featured in covers,  articles for magazines such as PEOPLE, Cosmopolitan, Star, Us Weekly, Teen People, Sister to Sister, Face On, Beautiful Girl, Style 101, and many more, his brand is shaking grounds throughout the fashion industry.
Peters dazzling designs can be seen on the likes of such celebrities as Recording Artist Omarion, DJ Quest, Phaedra Parks of Atlanta Housewives, Janice Combs, Brandy, Kat Deluna, Jersey Shores- Sammie Sweetheart and Angelina, Jerseylicious stars Briella Marie and Tracy DiMarco, Americas Next Top Model Allstar winner Lisa D'amato, ANTM Contestant Camille McDonald, Recording artists Mikey Lyrik, Shontelle and Lori Michaels to name a few.
My collections have also graced television, on such networks as Fox's American Idol, MTV, ABC and VH1.

For More Jason Christopher Peters check out

www.JasonChristopherPeters.com
Twitter: @JasonCPeters
Email:
jchristopherpeters@gmail.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1003622890

Here is Kat Deluna rocking his couture eye patch in her music video "Dancing Tonight"



Here is Sammi from "Jersey Shore" wearing his couture black dress