Thursday, August 4, 2011

News: Keri Hilson's New Album



Even though her sophomore album, "No Boys Allowed," flopped and didn't produce any massive hits Keri Hilson says she's already decided on the title and a bit of the concept for her next album. But, of course, she won't tell us.

"No, I can't do that," Hilson tells Billboard.com with a laugh. "It may actually change, but I think it's the one. I'm starting conceptually to figure out how I want to bridge the gap between my second and third albums but that's as far as I've gotten. I haven't begun working on it, and I really can't because I'm still all about 'No Boys Allowed.' But even when you're promoting your album and still releasing singles, you still have to think about your future. You have to prepare because so much goes into it. So I've got that little bit of an idea, which is a start."

Hilson reveals that there's also talk about some more long-form, multi-media applications for "Boys Are Not Allowed," which will likely take root after she finishes touring with Lil Wayne in September. "I would love to tell a story and shoot more videos on my own," says Hilson, who's also set up the web site www.nobodyschained.com to amplify the album's empowerment themes. "I would love to do more accessories. I would love to do a short film-style video because it's a real story of single women who are dating. I keep it real. I talk about how we really think and how we really feel. So I think there's a message to still be had from this project."

Keri also says there's also a chance she could wind up doing something for Wayne's "Tha Carter IV," which is due out Aug. 29. "He has a studio on the road and he records day-in and day-out, before the stage and after the stage and every other moment in between," she notes. "Wayne and I work together very well, so it could happen while we're on tour."

We will keep you posted.