Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shear Genius/Nexxus Finale Viewing Party

In case you haven’t heard, I went to the Shear Genius/Nexxus Finale viewing party held at the Tribeca Grand Hotel last night. Thanks to Blogging Project Runway’s Laura K for inviting me to join the gang. What a great event!

In addition to getting to see Laura again, I finally got to meet The Minx (lead blogger of Blogging Shear Genius). She was a funny, fabulous and charming party companion! Hanging out with Laura and The Minx was such a pleasure.

I got to meet so many other great people, including salontestants Nicole, Dee, and Daniel (who was a hoot!). Charlie was extremely funny and warm in person – and not bitchy at all. I also got to meet Project Rungay blogger Lorenzo, who was there with Project Runway Season Two designer Emmett McCarthy. Yes Maddie, I got to meet René Fris and he is very handsome in person. But no – I did NOT give him your number (you are married, you big HO!).



I was most thrilled to chat with Shear Genius host (and former Charlie’s Angel) Jaclyn Smith. What a total sweetheart! She is not a blog reader, so she grilled The Minx and I as to what people were saying on the blogs. In particular, she wanted to know if people wrote “nasty” things about the show. We tried to explain that yes, some people are evil, but most bloggers attempt to be funny without being intentionally hurtful. That’s my story – and I’m sticking to it.



You can tell Jaclyn had genuine affection for the salontestants, and we spoke about how she gets emotional when someone is sent home. She was so cute – she said the camera tends to cut away from her when she REALLY tears up – so what we saw on TV wasn’t even the full extent of her waterworks.

And one last thing about Jaclyn – she looked FLAWLESS. Farrah Fawcett needs to do whatever it is Jaclyn is doing – because it’s working. Jaclyn was even prettier than René.



After cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, we sat down in the screening room to watch the show’s finale. In addition to Laura and The Minx, our party also included Project Runway Season 3 designer Malan Breton and Season 3 model Amanda Fields (who is GORGEOUS and sweet). I got to sit beside Malan during the screening – and we laughed like crazy! On Project Runway, the editing made Malan out to be this evil weirdo – but nothing could have been further from the truth. He was hysterical (especially after a couple of martinis). And Malan – if you get a chance to read this – I would love to attend your next fashion show.

Congratulations to Dee Adames, the winner of Shear Genius. She was there with her adorable Mom and was presented with the big check for $100,000 – which she will used to start her own salon. To view more photos from the event, click here.

Thanks again to Laura for including me – and thanks to the people at Kaplow Public Relations (and Nexxus) for the VIP treatment (and gift bag!). I hope to be invited back next season.