Wednesday, July 6, 2011

News: Beanie Sigel, Jay-z Beef



When Beanie Sigel got out of jail he secured a deal with 50 Cent's G-Unit Records, according to Beanie all he needed was a release from his Def Jam contract from Jay-Z, who happened to be the label president at that time.

"When I first got out of jail, I had a meeting, a situation that was already lined up and set up where I could've had a deal over there," Sigel said of an agreement 50 Cent gave him "He wanted to give me a label, a whole label deal ... and a whole lot of money too."

Beanie Sigel went to meet first with Jay-z, who hadn't communicated with the rapper during the year he was locked up.

He was hoping that Jay-z would release him from his Def Jam contract in a move that would free the State Property rapper up to do business with 50 cent.

But Jay-z didn't fulfill his request "I went to Jay like, 'Let me get this record deal situation,' and he was like, 'I can't let you go.' He was like, 'No.' He was like, 'Nah, let me see what I could do.' That 'see what I could do' turned into another two years."

In the end, Sigel never signed with G-Unit, and by 2009, Beanie was launching dis rhymes at Jay-z after hearing what he interpreted as a subliminal attack against him on The Blueprint III album. Despite all that has gone down, Beanie reiterated it all on MTV's "RapFix Live" that he was appreciative of the opportunities Jay-Z and Dame Dash had given him while signed to Roc-A-Fella.


Beanie alleges he never got a phone call from Dash or Jay-z saying that the Roc-A-Fella he knew was no more, and that left a sour taste in his mouth. And though Beanie acknowledged that during his run with the label, most everything was all good, he just refuses to gloss over the bad.

Despite Beanie's grievances with Jay-z, the fiercely loyal Philly rapper admitted he owes the man his career.  But Jay-z probably shouldn't hold his breath waiting for an official apology.