Friday, July 15, 2011

New Music Album: Ameriie "Cymatika Vol.1"


Ameriie has kept busy since the release of her last album, "In Love & War", both in love and work. The singer took time off before recording her upcoming fifth studio album, "Cymatika Vol. 1", to plan a magical Caribbean wedding with music executive, Lenny Nicholson.

She explains "This particular album is different as far as the subject matter. I kind of went in a place I didn't go before. Relationships are very important to talk about but I also want to go a little deeper in to what it is that makes us human and what we have in common. Not just only from a romantic aspect, but what it is that makes us tick. I consider myself to be a very spiritual person. I love science, I love quantum physics and metaphysics. I just wanted to put that into my music. You can figure out how to include anything in music, you just have to make sure it sounds good. I don't like to be too preachy, so a lot of the stuff is subliminal or it has such a driving beat so that if you don't want to hear the message, you don't have to. You'll either recognize what it is immediately because you're into the same thing or you want to investigate it further. The album is full of trance and electronic. 80's new wave, but not in the sense of the sound, particularly, but more so the song structures themselves. I really wanted to try different things. Even with vocal approach, some of the songs my sister listened to and she didn't even know it was me. I wanted to experiment with androgyny. Some of the ways I was singing, it's kind of androgynous. I felt like, if we strip away who we are on the outside physically including gender… ultimately, we are spirits that have no gender. To me, putting that androgyny into some moments of the songs was able to bring that in. It was a lot of things that I believe, feel, and my outlook on life put into this album, but not just in lyrical ways. It's in the lyrics, it's in the song structure, it's in the vocal approach. I'm really excited about sharing it."


Ameriie's new single "Firestarter" goes to radio this summer.